Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 3 of 52



"I feel it in my bones"
Imagine Dragons


This week took a toll on me. I've been eating gluten and dairy free since the start of the year. Good lord has it been difficult. I can live without most gluten, besides tortillas.. they are definitely my weakness. But dairy has been extremely hard. I didn't realize how much dairy was in my diet until I cut it out. I found out that I have hypothyroidism. So detoxing my body has definitely been necessary for balancing my hormones. With some extra supplements and eating mostly meat and veggies.. I feel magical. No joke its amazing how much your food effects everything. It is a bit difficult with seeing my friends eat delicious pizza, and cookies.... oh god and ice cream. BUT! none the less I've found little ways to make me happy some dairy-free, gluten-free fro-yo. For those of you who live in Flagstaff and don't know about BTO please educate yourself it truly is wonderful. I make myself lots of sauteed veggies and salads, I don't know they taste better than they used to. But aside from having more energy and stuff the stress from work, family and friends made this week a bit difficult to maintain my diet. I didn't cheat aside from about a quarter of an onion ring ;).

One of my greatest friends Matt passed away.. I've been really torn up about it. I've never really had someone close to me pass away. Distant family, but no one I had vivid memories and emotional attachment to. I went to the funeral with some good friends and it was extremely intense. I think everyone got the closure they needed. We celebrated his life and how wonderful of a person he was. I've learned how valuable time is, the time spent with people I love.
Matt showed people how to be humble, kindhearted and selfless. I'll never forget him and the amazing memories we shared.

Things are going to look up

No comments:

Post a Comment